Thursday, August 20, 2009

"... THAT I AM WEAK, YET NOT UNBLEST
Since in me, round me, everywhere
Eternal Strength and wisdom are..."

The above three lines came from a poem a friend recently shared with me... For the past two weeks I have not been able to shake the line "that I am weak, yet not unblest" from my mind. More often than not I feel too weak to share the gospel. I feel insufficient, unable, and unworthy. I am afraid that I will misrepresent the name of Jesus and that fear will paralyze me from sharing who Jesus is with people. I don't know about you, but I hate feeling weak. Shoot, I hate being vulnerable and showing how I feel at all. I have struggled with and chewed on this line for almost two weeks now. I was reading through 2 Corinthians tonight and came across 2 Cor. 12:9 where Jesus says...

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Man. Though I am weak, and I will be the first one to now admit that I am, because I really, really am... God uses my weakness for his perfection. How cool is that?! And ya know, it's funny, I spent so much time dwelling on the fact that I am weak, yet not unblest, that I neglected to fully read and understand the two following lines... "Since in me, round me, everywhere, Eternal strength and wisdom are."

So my friends, though we are weak, we are not unblest and I am so, so thankful for that. Just something to chew on.

No comments: