Saturday, August 8, 2009

Boise

So for those of you that know or are quickly figuring out... I now live in Boise... weird, right? I know. I got a job at a marketing/advertising agency here in town. It has been fantastic! Great job, great people, and, as I am discovering daily, a really cool city. About a month and a half ago or so, I sent out my graduation announcements letting you all know that I would be keeping this here blog up to date on my happenings in Boise and I have totally failed at doing that. My deepest apologies, I'm going to really, really try better. So because I've failed at keeping things up to date, here's a bit of a run down of the big events of the summer via photos. I graduated from the Univ. of Utah on May 9, 2009, with a degree in Mass Communication. Yay! Go me!
I said goodbye to the beautiful city of Salt Lake and some of the most awesome friends a person could ever have.I went on an incredible road trip spending time in: Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone, Glacier NP (where the above picture was taken), Coeur d'alene, Seattle, the Oregon Coast and Portland... Nothing short of breathtaking the entire time!I moved to Boise... I just realized that I really have like zero pictures of anything other than nature from Boise right now... This picture at least has me in it. I have done a lot of hiking since I moved here and this cross sits on top of a huge hill overlooking Boise. It's lite up at night and it's awesome!
I got to take an incredible group of middle school kids from Salt Lake, to Oakbridge, a Young Life camp in San Diego, CA. It was an amazing week. This was the mud pit, and it was fantastic.I gained a sister! My older brother, Ryan, got married to a wonderful girl named Tanya! She is such a delight to have in the family. Way to go Ry! And yes, that strapping young man on the far right of the picture is my little (big) brother Ty. He's grown up, a lot, I know.And that about does it. I had to add the above picture because those are the two people who have really made this entire summer possible... And this picture makes me laugh hysterically just about every time I look at it, I felt the urge to make sure I post it to as many social networking sites as I am a part of. Yes, my friends, those are my ridiculous, loving, awesome, amazing, inspiring, hysterical, and all around just plain rad, parents.

So, that kinda brings you up to speed on whats going on in my life! I'm going to do my best to be a better blogger. Hope this finds you all well. As summer starts to wind down and ski season (THANK GOD)... err I mean fall, is rapidly approaching I wish you all the best in whatever endeavors you begin to take on. Peace out cub scout.

2 comments:

MPdaCNA said...

OMGosh the picture of your parents is hysterical!! Not sure why I didn't notice it before now.

Katie said...

I know, it's pretty stinking phenomenal! :-)