Saturday, May 22, 2010

So it's been a while... my bad...

My, oh my, how quickly life changes. God has such silly timing, such a silly plan for us. Long story short, in February I lost the job that moved me to Boise. I was unemployed for two months or so.

On March 25, I got a call from the Young Life Regional Director here in Boise. He mentioned that there was a position open to start a new Young Life area in a small town about 18 miles west of Boise. I knew instantly that this phone call was a massive answer to prayer.

I always knew that I would be on Young Life staff at some point in my life... I just didn't think it'd be this soon. It's funny the way God works... the way He moves. A year ago right now, Boise was never a place that was on my radar... and now I can't imagine being any where else doing anything else, until God says move again. You see, it's a funny thing when we're obedient to God's call, and I'm learning this more and more. I'm learning how beautiful it is when we submit our lives to God. When we get our feet dirty and we answer the call.

Lord, thank you for calling me to something that's greater than myself. Thanks for calling me to Idaho and to Young Life... this is a plan I would have never come up with on my own! :-)

1 comment:

MPdaCNA said...

I'm so happy for you! I remember you telling me a few years back that you KNEW you would end up on staff at Young Life ... Amazing!!